Directives for re-opening St. Monica Parish for public worship on 05/17/2020.
1. Those who are symptomatic or who have been exposed to another with Covid-19 virus within 14 days are requested to stay at home quarantined in accordance with national, state and local health directives.
2. All Mass attendees are asked to check their temperature at home before coming to church.
3. Those who are at risk because of an underlying health issues are strongly encouraged, for their own health, to avoid the risk of attending public celebrations of the Mass.
4. Appropriate cleaning of high use areas within the church will be cleaned and sanitized before and after each Mass.
5. All hymnals and missalettes will be removed from the pews and stored for the duration of the pandemic. We are encouraging you to bring your own pocket missals or smartphones to follow along during the mass if necessary. https://www.ewtn.com/catholicism/daily-readings
6. Hand sanitizers will be available at different stations in the church and to be used as needed.
7. Those attending mass will be REQUIRED TO WEAR MASKS throughout the service except for the brief moment of receiving Holy Communion.
1. Entry and exit doors are to be adequately designated and monitored. Entry doors are to be propped or held open before Mass, and exit doors are to be propped or held open at the end of Mass to prevent people from touching the door handles, knobs or push plates.
2. Ushers will assist with directing people to pews specifically marked. Note: you may not necessarily sit where you normally sit during regular service.
3. Families are to maintain six-foot distancing between their family and other families or individuals throughout the celebration of Mass. Seating is to be arranged such that six feet of distance can be maintained between members of one household and members of another.
4. Collection baskets will places in strategic places in the church to drop your offering either at the beginning of the mass or at the end to avoid much movement.
5. The sign of peace is optional. There is to be no physical contact. A simple gesture, such as a nod of the head, is recommended.
6. During reception of Communion we will maintain single file while maintaining social distancing.
7. Holy Communion will be distributed in the hand in keeping with the advice of state health officials and thereby to avoid the Communion minister’s fingers coming into contact with saliva or airborne contagion.
8. Those who refrain from receiving communion still unite themselves with the sacrifice of Christ. Non-communicants are kindly asked to remain in their places rather than process to request a blessing—a blessing all receive at the end of Mass.
9. When approaching the Communion minister, the communicant is to pull their mask below their chin in order to receive Communion. The communicant immediately replaces their mask after consuming the Host.
1. Family units should depart the church in an organized manner wearing masks and observing six feet of distance between other households. For exiting the mass we will Northern and Southern EXIT doors of the church.
2. Avoid congregating after mass. We are requested to head home for continued prayer and meditation.
3. There will be no physical bulletins issued after mass instead they can be accesses on our parish website.
· We will resume to our regular Masses schedule Wed 9am, Sunday 8am &10am.
· 10am Mass will be live streamed on Facebook and later accessed on our parish website . Those unable to attend are encouraged to virtual join in.
· If you have any concern about these directives please give me a call at 816-471-3696.
God bless and protect you.
Fr. Leonard Gicheru
Diocesan Updates click here: https://kcsjcatholic.org/2020/03/covid19-update-mar12/
Masses are every Sunday at 8:00 am and 10:00 am.
We are a church alive with several active ministries you can join.
Check out our history
Sign up to our mailing list to get information regarding church activities and news! catholic church african american
1616 Paseo Boulevard Kansas City, Missouri 64108
SUNDAY EUCHARISTIC CELEBRATIONS
- 8:00 a.m. Mass
- 10:00 a.m. Mass
WEDNESDAY EUCHARISTIC CELEBRATIONS
- 9:00 a.m. Mass
- 6:00 p.m. Wednesday Night Prayer Meeting
* Please call the Church Office for the following Sacraments:
- Anointing the Sick*
- Marriage: (9 Months Preparation)*
- Reconciliation / Confirmation: Sunday: or by appointment*
- Main Office - 9 am- 3pm M. W. TH.
- Social Services / Food Pantry 10am - 2pm M. W. TH.